Xiaomi mobiles have a function that enables the duplication of applications such as WhatsApp or Telegram, but it does not always appear on all phones. The cheapest ones don’t always have access to these dual apps in their MIUI settings, but there is a way that usually works to duplicate them. We explain it to you.
Xiaomi mobiles usually have dual SIM, it is a function that is available both in the low range and in the more premium. Having two phone numbers enables you to have two simultaneous WhatsApp accounts, for instance; if it weren’t because the app can only be used with one number. Luckily, MIUI includes dual applications as standard, a function to use two WhatsApp, two Facebook, two Telegram and many other apps. And it can normally be used even if the option does not appear in the settings.
MIUI offers you the duplicate option when you download the app
Dual apps in MIUI settings
As usual, just go to the settings of most Xiaomi mobiles and enter the “Dual Applications” section.: from this section those apps that are compatible with the function can be duplicated. WhatsApp is one of them (surely the most used), also Telegram and social networks like Facebook. Choose the application and follow the steps, it’s that simple: MIUI will create a parallel app to register with another account.
The above method is the generic one for most Xiaomi phones: almost all offer the dual applications in the MIUI settings. Nevertheless, there are cheap mobiles that do not have this menu as standard, as with the Xiaomi Redmi 9A. For these cases, the MIUI installation menu can be used, that confirmation screen that appears whenever a download is completed.
To duplicate an application on a Xiaomi mobile that does not have the option of dual apps, do the following:
- Download the application you want to duplicate. It can be from Google Play or from other sources, the process is the same.
- When MIUI downloads the app, it will proceed to install it. Look at the confirmation screen that appears after the process.
- After installation, and as long as the app is suitable for duplication, a “Dual Applications” button will appear to the left of the “Open” button. You must click on the first option.
- MIUI will guide you through the duplication process.
- In the event that you already have the application installed, and as long as “Dual applications” does not appear in the MIUI menu, you will have to uninstall it to download it again. Make sure you saved a backup (with this process if it is WhatsApp, for example) and reinstall it by looking at the screen that appears after installation. Then click on the “Dual Applications” button and continue the guided process.
Button to duplicate WhatsApp after installation
You have to be on your guard because, if the installation screen is discarded, the app will have to be uninstalled to download it again. Also, not all Xiaomi work in the same way: there will be some who will not even be able to duplicate the apps from the download screen. Make sure you always have the most up-to-date version of MIUI and system applications.