Activate the option ‘Receive updates sooner’
MIUI has tons of tweaks and settings, some somewhat hidden; Not in vain is it one of the layers with the greatest customization possibilities. And add options that claim improve the experience for an upcoming update: install automatically, download updates with mobile data and the one that interests us, ‘receive updates sooner‘.
To speed up the arrival of news on Xiaomi phones, you have to do the following on your phone:
- Access the settings and enter ‘About the phone’.
- Click on the MIUI 13 image. In previous versions you must go to ‘System update’.
- Click on the top three menu items and choose ‘Update Settings’.
- There you will see the option that we highlighted: ‘receive updates sooner‘. He clicks on her.
From this moment Xiaomi should take your phone into account to include it in the first waves of each update. It shouldn’t speed up the process too much, but you could get a few days ahead of it. With a disadvantage: being one of the first, maybe you will find some errors in the update. You must take it into account.
Stable beta program to test them ahead of time
The beta versions of MIUI have long since ceased to be available to global users as Xiaomi limits them to Chinese territory. Even so, there is still a MIUI Beta program, a voluntary option where updates can be tested for some models. MIUI 13 testing program is currently available.
To opt for the download of the stable betas of MIUI 13 you must carry out the following process (as long as it is active):
- Access the global website of the program.
- Accept the permission to participate and fill in all the steps. Xiaomi will ask you for the mobile model, the IMEI and other essential data to know if your phone is suitable or not to access the MIUI 13 betas.
- Once in