Unlike what we will see in the reverse process, moving WhatsApp chats from an Android mobile to an iPhone only has one process, which we explain in these steps:
- Start the initial configuration of the iPhone and stop at the section of transferring data.
- Download the Move to iOS app on your Android mobile and open it.
- Go back to the iPhone and choose the option Transfer from Android.
- In the Move to iOS app, type the code that appears on the iPhone screen.
- On the iPhone there is a list of data to transfer from Android and you will need to make sure that WhatsApp appears marked.
- Click on Continue on the iPhone and wait for the process to finish.
- When you have already configured the iPhone, download WhatsApp in the App Store.
- Open the WhatsApp app and log in with the same number you had on Android.
- Click on to import when given the option to recover chats.
Transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android
In this point we find different methods depending on the Android model that is going to be used. For this reason, we advise you to read the one that suits your circumstance and always taking into account the requirements that we mentioned above.
For Google Pixel and others running Android 12 and later
- Connect iPhone to Android mobile via USB-C to Lightning cable.
- If a message appears on iPhone, tap trust this computer.
- Turn on your Android phone and follow the usual initial setup steps.
- At the time indicated, agree to transfer data from the iPhone and make sure that WhatsApp data is checked among them.
- Open WhatsApp on the iPhone, go to its settings, go to chat and then in Move chats to Android and click on Begin. You can also do it by scanning a QR code that appears on the Android screen.
- On the Android mobile, the data transfer will begin and, when it is finished, it will proceed to download all the apps that were on the iPhone from Google Play.
- Open WhatsApp on Android when installed and sign in with the same phone number you had on iPhone.
For Samsung mobiles
- Turn on the Samsung mobile and follow the usual setup steps until the moment you are asked to transfer data from an iPhone.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the Samsung Smart Switch.
- When a QR code appears on the Samsung mobile, you must scan it with the iPhone camera.
- Click on the link that appears when reading the QR on the iPhone and click on Begin.
- Continue with the setup of the Samsung device.
- Download WhatsApp once it is already configured.
- Open the WhatsApp app and sign in with the same number you used on the iPhone.
- When prompted, tap the option to import to pass the chats. It is important that you wait for the process to finish.