It is not that a name is something that is going to be decisive enough to lose our privacy, but in the end it is an important element and that it is visible in video games by other players can be an inconvenience for many. If in your case you want hide your real name or just put a different nickname when you enjoy netflix video gamestake it for granted.
As a standard, the same name usually appears as in the Netflix profile that is used to consume content such as series and movies. However, the platform allows you to create a game aliaswhich can be established from Android and iPhone mobiles.
How to Set a Netflix Game Nickname on iOS
If you have an iPhone as well as an iPad, the process for creating an alias to use in Neftlix video games is as follows:
- Open the Netflix app on your iPhone.
- Enter your profile as you normally would to view content.
- Now go to the ‘My profile’ tab (bottom right) and click on the icon with three stripes at the top.
- Click on ‘Manage profiles’ and choose yours.
- Click on ‘Game aliases’, write the name you want to use for video games and click on ‘Save’.
It should be noted that, as it already appears on the configuration page, you can only add letters and numbers with a maximum of 16 characters. And yes, you can use spaces.
How to create a Netflix game alias on Android
In the event that you have an Android mobile, the process is just as simple, although different from iOS. The steps to follow are these:
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile.
- Access the usual profile and the one in which you want to establish an alias.
- Go to the ‘Games’ tab (at the bottom).
- Among the content that appears, locate the banner ‘Create your Netflix game alias’ and click on ‘Create now’.
- Choose your nickname and click ‘Save’.
As in the case of iOS, there is a limit of 16 characters and it is not possible to add anything other than letters, numbers and spaces.
Once this is done, your name in video games will be the one you have established as an alias and In no case will this affect your profile in the app to view content. In fact, even if you change this, the alias won’t be affected either. During games in which, for example, there is a leaderboard and the like, what other players will see is that alias.
Similarly, it should be noted that you can change this alias whenever you want following these same steps. You can have a different one in each profile that you have configured in the app.
Cover Image | Mockups Studio
In Xataka Mobile | Does Netflix not have the series you are looking for? So you can ask for it