Working with documents without leaving your smartphone is possible, although not always easy. It’s just a matter of finding the best way and the right tools: we explain how Convert a Word document to a PDF without getting a headache. And without spending a penny, which is also important.
The mobile is a great tool for almost any task, even in those areas where it can appear to be just right. Because, is the smartphone valid to become a portable office? Apart from the difficulties caused by a more or less small screen, the truth is that Android has almost everything you need to make working anywhere easy.
Google Drive enables you any conversion
When we talk about Word documents, the incombustible Office package usually comes to mind, an office suite that has been on our personal computers for decades. Microsoft moved a large part of these tools to mobile phones with an adapted Office app, but no need to go through it to convert Word documents to PDF. Not even the other way around: Google Drive is enough and plenty.
Let’s say you have a Word document on your mobile and you want to convert it to PDF. There are numerous ways, including one of the most practical and simple: use Drive and the Documents app. Let’s see how.
- The first thing is to upload the Word document to your Google Drive. If you didn’t already have it there, open that app on your mobile, the Drive app, and upload the file with the lower right “+”.
- Open Google Docs on your Android. In the event that you do not have the app installed, proceed to download it from Google Play.
- Once you have the Documents app on the screen, load the DOC that you uploaded to your Drive.
- You can edit it to your liking by clicking on the pencil icon. When you have everything to your liking, click on the three upper menu points.
- Select “Share and export”.
- Then choose “Save As” and select “PDF Document”.
- Accept and you will have the Word document converted to PDF in your Google Drive storage.
Once you have done the conversion you can share the file from the Google Drive app or download it to your mobile and then in
Microsoft Word is also perfect for converting documents
Since most Androids already have Google Drive (including the Documents app) installed, and since Google offers enough space in your account to store documents, the easiest choice when converting a Word document to PDF is the one that gives you we have detailed. Even so, Microsoft offers its own tools for the task: you can get the same result without spending a penny.
Microsoft has two conversion apps: Microsoft 365, the entire Office suite adapted to mobile phones, and Microsoft Word, the exclusive app for text files. With both you can get the same results: convert from Word to PDF at no cost.
How to convert from DOC to PDF with Microsoft 365
- Download the app from Google Play.
- Click on “Sign in later” if you do not want to use your Microsoft account (or do not feel like registering).
- Click on the top icon of the folder and grant access to the files on your mobile.
- Locate the Word document to convert and load it into the app.
- Once open, click on the top three menu points and choose “Share as PDF”.
How to Convert DOC to PDF with Microsoft Word
- Install the Microsoft Word app on your Android.
- Skip all the steps to sign in and open an Office 365 account. If you already have one, you can use it.
- Click on the “+” at the top right and select the Word document you want to convert.
- Once the DOC is loaded, click on the three menu points.
- Select “Share as PDF”, choose the place where to save it and voila: you already have the converted document.
When you have the PDF, share it to your heart’s content through the application of your choice. The conversion process takes no more than a few seconds, whichever method you use: it will just take some time to prepare the applications for the task.
Image | Bing Images edited
In Xataka Android | How to sign documents with Autofirma