There are three types of apps and games on Google Play: those that are 100 percent free, those that require you to pay to download, and those that are free to download but require you to pay periodically to use them (either fully or some extra features). The latter, cataloged as “subscription apps“, they can be a problem if we don’t use them or if they are charging us without realizing it.
For this reason, we believe it is convenient to have how to cancel any subscription to an app or game that we have made via Google. Process that should not be confused with that of requesting a refund on Google Play, but that will prevent the app or game from continuing to charge you.
All methods to unsubscribe from Google Play
Although we will start with the fastest and easiest way to cancel subscriptions, we must say that there are several methods. Of course, they are all relative to subscriptions managed by Google. That is, referring to applications that have been downloaded from Google Play and to which we have subscribed through them. Therefore, subscriptions made in third-party APKs are excluded, as well as those made by other means (see Netflix as an example, which accepts subscriptions only via the web).
Something else you should know in this regard is that you can continue enjoying the subscription until the term expires. And it is that the subscription is not canceled with immediate effect, but they take into account the period of time that you already paid (or the trial period) and access will not be canceled until that day. Similarly, it should be said that at any time you can resubscribe.
From Google Play
- Open ‘Google Play’ on your Android mobile.
- Click on your profile photo (top right).
- Go to ‘Payments and subscriptions’.
- Enter ‘Subscriptions’.
- Choose the app or game you want to unsubscribe from.
- Click on the ‘Cancel subscription’ button at the bottom.
- Choose the reason for which you want to unsubscribe and click on ‘Continue’.
- Finally, if you are sure, click on ‘Cancel subscription’.
From the Google account
- Open the ‘Google’ app.
- Click on your profile photo (upper right corner).
- Enter ‘Manage your Google account’.
- Swipe right to locate and enter the ‘Payments and subscriptions’ tab.
- Scroll down to the ‘Subscriptions’ section and click on ‘Manage subscriptions’.
- Tap on the app or game you want to unsubscribe from.
- Click now on the ‘Cancel subscription’ button.
- Select the reason for which you want to unsubscribe and click on ‘Continue’.
- Finally, click on ‘Cancel subscription’.
Through the browser
- Access the Google Play help center, specifically the subscription section (you can access it directly by clicking here).
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Confirm your Google account by clicking on ‘Yes’ (if it is the one associated with the account with which you subscribed) and click on ‘Continue’.
- Choose the app or game you want to unsubscribe from and, again, click ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘Continue’ again to confirm the cancellation.
You have to be careful with trial periods
The first of all is to say that When we subscribe to an app or game, we always inform via a popup box. In fact, the fingerprint or security code of the mobile is requested for this (depending on your configuration, even the password of your Google account). Therefore, it is important to always see everything well.
Knowing this already, You can cancel the subscription from the moment you register it. As we said before, you will be able to continue enjoying it until the period you paid for expires or, if it is a free trial, until this is the one that expires.
If you think that it might be useful to keep the subscription, it is always best to set a manual reminder one day before that subscription is to be charged. That way you can assess if it is being useful to you and, if it is not, cancel it.
In Xataka Android | This is the best app search engine for Google Play